Tuesday, October 19, 2010

delicious, healthy and quick!

It's no secret around here that we really don't eat junk food. So how does one eat healthy and lead the crazy starting a new business life that we've been living for the past 3 months?

Just one evening a week I meal plan, we grocery shop together, and lastly I prep ALL the meals as soon as we arrive home from Whole Foods. It took me almost 3 hours just to prep all the meals for this week...but let me tell you how worth it those 3 hours were:

I came home this evening from being at the shop for almost 11 hours- opened the fridge and grabbed a few things and within 10 minutes had a delightful asian stir-fry ready that is now sitting in front of me as I type. (Jason is playing racquetball with his friends- that's why we're not eating together at the table.)

Anywho. From the fridge I grabbed:
2 eggs
2 tupperwares with chopped veggies ready for stir-fry (broccoli florets, carrots, onion, sugar snap peas, and celery)

No patience to cook real rice tonight, so I just skipped that part (I typically make this all into fried rice). I scrambled the eggs in a small skillet and steamed/stir-fried the veggies in a 2-qt. soup pot (with lid) with soy sauce, rice vinegar and my favorite- sesame seed oil. Occasionally stir the veggies while making the eggs and combine in a bowl when the veggies are somewhat tender.

There are enough veggies left I can do this another night for the both of us! Yum!! It's like going to a Japanese steakhouse, without the show and large bill at the end of the night!

No comments: