Wednesday, August 18, 2010

week four


Today marks four weeks out from losing our baby. It feels like it was four months ago already. Time is so funny like that: slow going when your in the trenches yet so distant once it's in the past.

The time has not come for us to try again yet, so I've done my best to look on the bright side. My mom said some of these were a stretch, but way to be positive! ha!

I've worn that pair of shorts that didn't really fit in June and July

I've gone boating twice

I've supported and encouraged a friend who miscarried last week

I've had red wine

I've jumped off a cliff at the lake

I've stayed up late

I've finally said yes to assisting Brenda with her photography business

I've continued to peruse the "xs" rack at Target


"You will find what you are looking for in life: are you a humming bird seeking out sweet nectar or a vulture scanning for rotten stuff?" -Craig Groeschel

3 comments:

rach said...

it won't be long before you guys can try again. i'm thinking positive thoughts for you.

carlotta said...

I'm so sorry y'all lost your precious baby. I'm praying that God will bless you with another one soon!

The Alts said...

I'm so sorry Andrea...I pray that you will be comforted through this time and that your arms will soon be full. You will be a wonderful mom. I really am sorry...I have never lost a baby in the womb but losing Lexi was one of the hardest things I have ever been through. I can say that you have a huge future ahead of you and there is lots of HOPE. Love you :)