Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Family Manifesto

After making very little headway on our family mission statement over the last few months I came upon some inspiration last week via Oh Dee Doh
(Also found on Esty and aardvarkonsea.com)

And this book Jason is reading that he asked me to read too:

I wikipedia-ed "manifesto" yesterday and came up with this:
A manifesto is a public declaration of principles and intentions, often political in nature. Manifestos relating to religious belief are generally referred to as a creed. Manifestos may also be life stance-related.

I like that line about life stance related. a lot.
So, I think I'm going to be writing a family manifesto instead.

I have lots of notes written down, now I just need to consolidate them into an artful piece!

3 comments:

Ornery's Wife said...

I really like that poster--It would go really well in my new livingroom! Except for the drink tea part. Bleh. I did it when I thought it was good for me, but now I don't care--I'd rather have just plain old water. :)

rach said...

love this post. stealing the poster for my next post. probably need to buy it too. thanks for continually inspiring me. you're amzing.

Robbi & Sterling said...

That poster seems pretty British to me. "Keep it wonky" is right. That's one of my favorite British phrases from here.
After you posted a comment on my blog I went back and read your posts since your miscarriage. I love and respect your approach. You two are so balanced and it is fantastic.
And I love the list of things that you did. Like jump off a cliff :)

Thank you for praying for us and the delivery. We will be praying for you guys too. For your life and your hearts to be full, full, full.