Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weeks 6-11

Let's try this again! My apologies to all who so badly wanted to read all the letters and couldn't squint that small! ;)

Dear Baby,
It's only been 5 days since we found out about your arrival, but I've already found myself treating each hour of every day differently.
I wonder with each bite I eat if that will be a food you will like.
I drive more cautiously, praying for extra safety now knowing you're inside of me.
While doing countless loads of camp laundry, I found myself wondering how I will lean over to get laundry out of the washing machine once my belly gets big!?
Daddy and I have been taking long evening walks to make sure you and I stay fit and healthy.
I already wonder what you will do with your "grownup" life- will you honor the Lord, will you work with your hands, will you be a creative type?
I've made more time to sleep & nap- exhaustion reminds me that my body is creating a new LIFE. Incredible.
All my love, Mama


Dear Baby,
I'm noticing more changes in my sleep habits this week. I can barely keep my eyes open at night and am then usually wide awake between 5-6am! I tried so hard to sleep in on Saturday morning- only to get right up at 7 and go work in my flower garden for 2 hours! This week we told your Sooter grandparents the baby news- I hear Grandma Diane hasn't quit talking about you all week long! Then yesterday at lunch I surprised your "Aunt" Elise with a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce and a card from you- she screamed in the middle of the cafe where we were eating! You are already cherished by our family and friends!
All my love, Mama


Dear Baby,
What to say other than this week has been marked by a constant dull sense of nausea- oh so quick to remind me that you're there! Daddy and I have been duking it out over my beloved "Reed's Ginger Ale"! We finally came to the agreement that he may have 2 per week, the rest are mine! We also celebrated his first Father's Day- I bought you a onesie that says, "My daddy can fix anything" and I made him pancakes in the shape of "D-A-D". Aunt Vanessa found the coolest vintage four-poster crib on Craigslist for you, Mom and I picked it up yesterday! Little by little we are starting to prepare for your arrival!
All my love, Mama


Dear Baby,
I'm starting to notice a teeny little bump in my belly this week! We told my Granny Lyons this week and also made our exciting news public. It's been a lot of fun to hear from everyone on Facebook! I've felt so much better this week since I started eating a few mint leaves everyday- what a welcome relief from the nausea it's been! The current task at hand: start on our midwife's recommended reading list. We are headed on your first car trip tomorrow, and now I've got plenty of reading for the drive.

All My Love, Mama



Dear Baby,
We just returned from your first road trip to Texas! Besides a few naps here and there you did a fantastic job of keeping it cool, all the women in my family were jealous of how great I've been feeling! :) I learned how to can pickled beets with my Granny & Aunt Chris and then helped paint & decorate my cousins Stephen & Kennah's new house. Meanwhile, daddy scaled the highest point in New Mexico, Wheeler Peak, with your Grandpa Bob and Uncle Kevin. Tulsa has been in a rainy spell since we returned, which makes for some long and pleasant afternoon naps!
All My Love, Mama


Dear Baby,
Daddy's been working like crazy this week- people keep calling him to do remodeling plus he's working so hard in launching our newest business, The Organic Bloom. We tossed around more baby names with our friends, it was fun to hear some fresh ideas. We don't have a boy name ready yet, but we've got time! We have a bumper crop of jalapeƱos in our garden, so I've been adding them to various dishes. I hope you'll like spicy food like me! My "What to Expect" iPhone app says you're getting eyebrows this week! It's so much fun to think about your tiny details!
All My Love, Mama

2 comments:

Ornery's Wife said...

I think this will be even better than the baby book. What a sweet gift to your child. :)
tm

Danielle said...

This is a fabulous idea! I so wish I had thought of this with each of my pregnancies. What a treasured gift it will be not only for your child but for you as well. I look forward to seeing your cute, little self slowly develop a baby belly ; )