Monday, June 28, 2010

Advice I wish I got at week 5

Tuesday- June 22nd- 8 weeks

So I was poking around thebump.com in the "first trimester" forum this evening and came across this fantastic post (as I barely got my dinner down and am slowly sipping my ginger ale- meanwhile my eyelids are propped open with toothpicks at 7pm) It's too funny to not pass on!


Advice I wish I got at week 5

For all the ladies that haven't reached week 6 yet I have some advice. Go out and do fun stuff. I've read that 2/3 of women get morning sickness and I pray that you are all in the 1/3 that is spared but not me. I'm in hell and I never saw it coming. I know it's for a good cause and I know it will pass but here is my point. Up until week 6 the fatigue and sore boobs are nothing and you should enjoy this blissful time. So go out to dinner and eat all your favorite foods especially greasy salty stuff. Have sex with DH! Spend time with friends and family.

I am starving and everything I eat makes me sick. I'm down to fruit, chicken broth, toast and rice chex. I've tried everything that everyone suggests and so far only ginger gum and papaya enzyme have helped a little bit. I just tell myself that high hormone levels mean healthy baby and it won't last forever. But at this point I'd confess to a crime I didn't commit to make it end.lol



2 comments:

Ginger said...

Sleep as much as you can now. I wish I knew that by the time I hit my 3rd Trimester I would no longer be able to sleep through the night. With a baby dancing around, needing to go to the bathroom every 2 hours, trying to find a comfortable position, hot/cold spells, and of course at 2 am it is very urgent to wake up and research education options such as public schools vs private vs homeschooling. Oh yeah and 2 am is also time for the 7th meal of the day (or first I guess is more technically acurate). You will soon be sleep deprived and barely remember your first trimester, too many other things to worry about and clean.

TNfarmgirl said...

I'm behind in reading so I just found out - I am SO excited for you both!!
Blessings on all three of you!
Cheri