Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happenings

So far I've been swamped this week. Next week though...I'm gonna "homemake" all day every day!!

Just a few notable points-

I've personally put over 100,000 miles on my little Camry, Eva, since I got her in April '03. J says we're keeping her till at least 200,000 miles. That's not terribly far off (3 more years??). I wonder what our lives will be like then. Will we keep Eva? What would I replace her with? (Another Toyota or Honda, I'm sure). Guess we'll see. (And in case you were wondering, Jason's truck is named Wall-E. "Wall-E & Eva" from the movie)


I got both our closets in our bedroom cleaned out and organized yesterday evening. This weekend I'll tackle the closets in the office (we keep our dress clothes in that room). I gave 2 bags of clothing away this morning. A clean closet is like a breath of fresh air to me. hmmmm. I've never done this before, but I know several people who do (my sister)- I hung all my clothes by color. We'll see how I like this or not. I've always hung my clothes according to type. Who knows, I may revert back to my old ways. In doing this I realized orange must not be my color. I only have one shirt that color. And not surprising to me, my sections of blues is the largest.

4 comments:

vanessalyons said...

I cleaned out two of my closets this week but I'm still avoiding the one in our bedroom... too scarey!

Mountain Mama said...

Maybe Eva will be replaced with a van? Do you think?

Closet looks awesome.
blessings,
ashley

Carol said...

Seems like I've got tons of clothes that were my "office wardrobe" but I haven't been in that role for over a year now. I'm stuck. Maybe right now it's enough to just slip into my jeans virtually everyday and smile at my old skirt and sweater friends, like a daily exhalation. Ahhh... Mom

Ornery's Wife said...

I have always tried to organize Ornery's clothes by color, but they don't stay that way for very long. As for mine, they are by style--sleeveless, short sleeve, etc. But, I can certainly see the appeal of color coding them. :) (Appeal to my OCD tendencies, that is!)

I LOVE the names of your cars. Such a cute feel good movie :) I am also thinking any next vehicle will be a Toyota. Done with the van thing!
tm