Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dear Blog

Dear Our Traditional Home (dot) blogspot (dot) com,

I don't know where I've been lately. January has just about flown by and I've barely made mention to you. Hopefully though you view me as a close enough friend that we can just pick right up where left off. :)

It's supposed to come a winter storm tonight. I hope it doesn't. Freezing rain, then sleet, then like 12 inches of snow. At least that's what Travis Myers says and he should know. In preparation I'm finishing up the last of the laundry right now, writing to you, maybe even planning some scheduled blog posts, vacuuming, washing my hair and running the dishwasher. This part of town lost power for like 12 days last time there was an ice storm. I'd like to be somewhat prepared if that were to happen tomorrow.

Finnigan is making a mess of the office right now, but oh well. Papers can be cleaned up without electricity.

Jason bought a CNC Router today. I guess I'll know more about that later. He's gone this evening discovering its intricacies .

I also found out today that my cousin, Kennah, got a Canon EOS 50D. Yep that's the camera I'd like. But apparently we'd like a CNC Router first. And a pocket hole machine. And a new table saw. Yes, ALL of those came to make home in Jason's shop in the last 5 days.

What's that verse again..."But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it." ( 1 Tim 6:6,7)

Hmmm. Contentment.

I hope the weather doesn't affect our Saturday night plans. For the big 5-0 Vanessa and I are taking dad to an Oilers Hockey game! He has the best two daughters a guy could ask for!

I'm starting to think about our garden for this summer. Jason wants me to research 'lasagna gardening' - any of my readers know anything about it? Supposedly you don't have to till and pull weeds. Guess I'll find out! I'm planning on some basics for now- tomatoes, green beans, squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, mint, cilantro, maybe some onion and jalapeƱo too, so we can have salsa! I hope to can tomatoes and green beans at the minimum.

Ok, I'd better get going on my list of things that require electricity tonight! I hope to come around like I use to...next week should be much slower paced that this one!

And now until we meet again- adios, au revior, auf weidersehen.....Good Night!

Andrea Cherie

2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Yes I can see where a router would be a greater need than a silly ol' camera. hee hee Gotta love our men and their desire to build and work and create and provide! You are blessed (camera or not!)

Hope to see ya around more!
blessings,
ashley

Ornery's Wife said...

I don't know about lasagna gardening, but I do have a book about square foot gardening, that also does not require weeding, etc. You are welcome to borrow it if you like. I am not going to use that method, but it had some great information in it.
let me know if you want it, and we'll connect... I have missed your posts, by the way. :)
tm