Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Decorating

It's no secret that I like to decorate...

Here is the one room of my house that has any cohesiveness to it right now, the living room.
My sister's new job is at an interior decorating company- they had just moved locations when she started and they were getting rid of several large furniture pieces. Nothing incredible, but the price [free] was sure right. Boy let me tell you how much my husband appreciated being called in the middle of the day to go pick up bookshelves...multiple days in a row! One of those days it was POURING rain...he's a pretty great guy!


Our first "us" Christmas tree~ I've borrowed a small one from my mom for the past 3 Christmases.


The more I babysit the more I appreciate my $25 sofa...I tried to tell the lady I'm babysitting for that I don't know anyone whose furniture has made it past toddler hood unharmed. (Let's just say her furniture cost way more than mine...)

This was Jason's idea- one wall in the dining room is all family pictures, so he asked that we have a "friend" wall too.


The quote in the middle, by Abe Lincoln


This is my most recent estate sale find! When I posted this photo on facebook several people responded that they can't wait until I refinish it to see the outcome.
But I love it the way it is!
(Plus there's not much left to work with if that was my intention!)


I got this at that same estate sale!

3 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

So warm and cozy. Love the friendship wall!

Great job with the picnik editing. So fun!

TnFullQuiver said...

You have done a great job! Thanks for letting us see your handiwork!
grace and peace,
julie

Ornery's Wife said...

Beautiful, Andrea! What a boon to get free stuff--and so lovely at that!

We had hand-me-down furniture for the first 29 years of our married life--just over a year ago bought a matching bedroom set!--and were grateful for each piece we acquired. When our kids were little, we only had used furniture.