Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Promo Ad


I wish I could say I was receiving some form of compensation from the following post, but I'm not. This is purely my opinion shared because I really enjoy this product. :)

My cousin, Kennah, got me on to Mrs. Myer's cleaning products 3 summers ago when I visited her. She didn't even have any of these cleaning products, she just raved about how heavenly they smelled at her friend's house! How's that for advertising!

So I came home from Texas and made a beeline for Whole Foods (I was a pretty new shopper there at the time) and searched out "Mrs. Myer's Clean Day counter top spray in Lavender." I was instantly sold from the time I first opened the bottle, it was heavenly! I used that for quite some time before I ventured out and tried the "geranium" scent. It went to first place in my book, hands down! The best part about the counter top spray? You refill the spray bottle with 2 tablespoons of concentrated cleaner, the rest is water. Talk about lasting a really long time! I've hardly made a dent in my bottle of the concentrated cleaner!

Geranium has been my scent of choice and I now buy her laundry detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets and most recently her dish washing detergent. I happened upon the dish washing detergent back in May when I catered that graduation party for our friend's Kurt & Dawn in Arkansas. I opened her dishwasher to put clean dishes away and the most wonderful scent filled the room. I was shocked that dishes could smell so good! I immediately looked under the kitchen sink and sure enough it was Mrs. Myer's Geranium Dish washing Detergent. I have since searched high and low all over Tulsa for it to no avail. I finally asked her this week where she buys it- Amazon.com! Yesterday I made my order for a case of 6 bottles! I can't wait for it to come and make my kitchen smell so great! (most of their products are in cases of 6 on amazon.com, but that's fine for us, we like to buy in bulk and not have to buy so often.)

I'm not completely educated on the actual "naturalness" of Mrs. Myer's products other than I know they are plant based and not chemical based. Here's part of a review I found on treehugger.com for you non-chemical cleaning folks: "All Mrs. Meyer's liquid products are biodegradable, and do not contain ammonia, chlorine or phosphates. Essential oils are used extensively to create their "uncomplicated products for a clean and happy home" and come in powerful (but not overpowering) scents of lavender, geranium and lemon verbana. Whenever possible, raw materials are obtained from renewable plant resources such as olive, coconut, corn or soy. Mrs. Meyer's, as a company, is cruelty-free and, therefore, does not test any of their products on animals. Inspired by a real-life Iowa mother, they believe that the mundane, tedious, laborious chore of cleaning should be therapeutic, pleasing to the senses and the results should be enjoyable for both you and other people; what's bad for dirt should also be good for you."

No comments: