Monday, August 17, 2009

Thoughts on moving...

My sister came over tonight and helped me pack, after I fed her of course. We had tacos, Jason's favorite. I think he would eat taco's 4 nights a week if I made them that often. ;)

I got a text this evening from this sweet friend & her hubby wondering about the house we'd bought...so Jason said I'd better clarify on my blog that we are just renting a house for the time being.

and that's where the big huge giant change comes into play.

It all came about last week when our friends fostering/adopting Little Guy and Baby Belle were suddenly without a nanny. Mind you these little babes are 15 months and 5 1/2 months. Her hands are so.very.full.

They live in a very nice historic part of town, with huge old oil money houses from the 1920's. And across the street from their beautiful home is a quaint duplex in the middle of this neighborhood. A duplex that we are going to rent and I will be their nanny for the next 6 months or so. She just about burst into tears when I told her we'd decided to make thiscommitment to them.

It will be a huge change as we have been married nearly 3 years and I've never worked outside of our home/business. I have lots of freedom. That all is about to change as we feel for the time being we need to pour some extra love into this family.

We are moving in 2 weekends and I start September 1st.

Mom & Dad
Baby Belle & Little Guy
April 2009

2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Oh AWESOME!!! You are/will be such a blessing to these children and their parents. And ya-hoo... you get more space and a garden.

Wish we were closer to help you move.

TnFullQuiver said...

wish we could be there to help! We are good at the moving thing. Enjoy the journey!!!

grace and peace,
julie