Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Raindrops on Roses

On my way home from the grocery store this morning it began to sprinkle rain on my windshield. I started singing My Favorite Things from the Sound of Music. It spurred on a blog idea in my head since I need some cheer. 

(For my readers who don't live in Tulsa: it has been rainy and overcast for SEVEN DAYS now. I need to see the sun SOON!!)

So these are a few of my favorite things! (In no particular order, just the order in which the photos uploaded from Google image search :)

How fitting that Whole Foods came up first! I LOVE this place! I don't like grocery shopping at Walmart whatsoever anymore now that I've switched to WFM. The people are just so friendly and helpful. I've found the same to be at Reasor's as well. At both places I get asked probably 3 times each visit if I need help finding anything- and if I do, they actually help me! (I'm sure you all know how hard it is to find someone knowledgeable at Walmart!)


Ok, so I am currently into Vera Bradley. Her prints are just so darn cute! 

Sushi for lunch from Whole Foods. It was scrumptious!


Mom! I need some more Traditional Home to read!

Soft Claws. They are saving my furniture from my favorite little orange fur ball! (except I buy him the clear kind. Boy cats don't need nail polish) 


I could smell my dinner cooking before I even got the front door open when I came back home today!


I'm making Mushroom Steak tonight. Put this in your Crock Pot and cook for several hours:
several steaks
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can water
1 packet onion soup mix
1 onion chopped up (optional)
serve with mashed potatoes! 
I made this for Collin & Vanessa when they came back from being with his dad & family last month. The next day Collin facebooked me "I'm not sure what that was, but it was amazing! Make sure Vanessa has the recipe!"


I love my Better Bags! 


A catnip filled mouse.
I bought one for Finnigan yesterday. He plays with it for a LONG time before he moves on to something Else. I credit the little mouse for getting a full nights sleep last night cause Finn didn't wake me up at 2:30am- he was playing quietly with his new toy! Fantastic!


I'm so excited to have lunch with my friend Danielle tomorrow and her littlest boy, Wyatt!



I have the world's best Granny. She is always passing on wonderful marriage material from Jimmy Evans. She gave me 10 new CD's while she was here this past weekend!



I'm not sure how one could live without a Hobby Lobby. 
The founder, David Green, was at Vanessa's graduation on Saturday!


I love b&w damask print things right now!


Along with a catnip mouse, I bought Finn a bird feeder. He has been watching birds ALL morning! 


Sunday afternoon after Jason and I went hiking at a state park, I talked him into taking me to the Gap outlet in Bartlesville! He did something he's never done before- offered to buy me clothes! I had to ask several times what he'd done with my Jason! 

1 comment:

vanessalyons said...

that kitty paw looks like pippy's!! Do u get anything from gap??