Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cooking Class!

A friend I go to church with just started having a cooking class at her house once a month~ and I got invited! Yipee! So I went last night for the first time (only her 2nd class though, so I haven't missed much!). I felt like I was at a taping for the Food Network, it was incredible! She makes 3 dishes each time, we watch & get to ask questions and then at the end of the evening we sit down to enjoy a little bit from each dish! WOW it was SO good! 


Cara had all the ingredients out for all 3 dishes


Avocado Salsa in the making~ it's so colorful!


"Avocado Salsa over Chicken with Arugula"


Cara making "French Onion Soup"


"Parmesan Chicken tossed with Lemon Vinaigrette"
Cara Tip: arrange your finished dish on a white plate, it just looks so nice!


I was so distracted by the food I forgot to take any pictures of anyone else but the chef! I'll get them next time! 

3 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

OH YUM!!! How about a few recipes? They all look so delicious (and pretty)

Kara said...

what a great idea! that avocado salsa is the first thing I want to eat when I get back to america. give me a huge bowl of that stuff and a bag of chips, and I'll be one happy girl.

Danielle said...

So glad you got to join in on the fun, Andrea! I always look forward to cooking class and love seeing Cara in her element. She does do an amazing job!