Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Very Hearty Vegetable Soup

I'm eating leftover soup tonight. This is quite possibly one of the best batches of soup I've ever made, and I LOVE to make soup often in the winter. 

This was a "whatever I had on hand, need to use some veggies up, combination minestrone and potato soup reciepes" soup, but basically a Vegetable Soup.


2 Qt. chicken broth
1 Qt. water
6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 whole white onion, chopped
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 c. fresh spinach, finely chopped
20-30 baby carrots, sliced
1 1/2  c. cooked turkey breast, shredded or cubed (could use chicken too)
3/4  c. uncooked brown rice
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Spike seasoning salt

Mix together in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil, simmer for 30 minutes or so. And of course, soup is usually better the next day (or in this case 3 days later!) Enjoy!!

This is "very hearty" meaning it's not a real liquidy soup- which means Jason really likes it. He doesn't like to go fishing for the good stuff in soup!


1 comment:

LB said...

I knew I should have accepted your invitation! That sounds SO amazing!