Friday, January 30, 2009

Update

My friend, passed along this email from her daughter, Ashley today.  Please continue to pray! 


Here's Ashley's update--looks like we really need to pray since she has the abortion scheduled for next week:

Update on Nikki:  Today was her 30th birthday.  Dalton, Nikki, and I went out to Logan’s Roadhouse for dinner.  I think she had a good time.  We all got to know each other a lot better.  Nikki is such a sweet girl and I just feel so badly for her.  She has had a lot of trauma in her life.  So many past hurts; no wonder she is in her current situation. 

Anyway, she was able to be more open and honest with us tonight and told us she has an abortion scheduled for February 3rd.  My heart sank when I found out she actually has an appointment!  That made everything seem so much more real and desperate!

We tried to speak truth to her about the life growing inside of her, how God knew her babies before they were even created, how he has plans for them and for her.  She acknowledged that all those things were true.  She just seems overwhelmed by her problems and can’t see any way out. 

I told her about Crisis Pregnancy Outreach and gave her the phone number and told her to call anytime.  I told Nikki that they could provide her with everything she would need, but she seemed to have an excuse for everything.  Argh!!!!  I hope when she’s at home, she will just call and someone at CPO can talk to her for a bit. 

Please lift up the following things in prayer (and whatever else God lays on your heart!):

that God would protect the lives of Nikki’s babies

that he would reveal himself as a caring Father to Nikki

that Satan’s chains that have bound her life would be broken

that she would be able to break off dysfunctional relationships

that Nikki would have the peace of God in her life

Please be in prayer.  If God gives you any breakthrough ideas or visions, let me know! I’m open to anything and will present any idea to Nikki, no matter how crazy sounding!    If God gives you any special verses or encouragements for her, please let me know and I will pass it on.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Lili said...

I had an abortion with my first child, then had one scheduled for my second pregnancy. I knew both times it was wrong, but like Niki I couldn't see any other way out. The day before my second abortion I was saw photographs of babies in the womb that were exactly as far along as my child was. My eyes were open, and for the first time I felt like I was a mother to the baby inside me and need to protect him. I did not go through with the abortion and placed my son with a wonderful family through Crisis Pregnancy Outreach. He is now three years old, and I have no regrets. Having experienced adoption and abortion, the long term effects of the abortion haunted me for years until I sought forgiveness from my Heavenly Father and forgave myself. The adoption was hard too, but never have I felt remorse for my decision to give my son life and a family who loves him as their own.

http://www.medicinenet.com/fetal_development_pictures_slideshow/article.htm

Here is a link to a slide show of fetal development, maybe you can show Niki and pray specifically for her heart to connect with her babies, that she would have a mothers heart to protect them.

I would love to meet with her and share my experience and encourage her to choose life for her babies. Please email me lilig1784@yahoo.com