Monday, January 12, 2009

Subject: FW: A HUGE MIRACLE!!!

Have your kleenex ready! This is an email we received this morning from Cheryl Bauman, the CPO director:



It has been my privilege in life to have witnessed hundreds of miracles.  I don't mean the kind of things that someone could chalk up to "fortunate coincidence."  I mean the kind of things that only God could put together.  I am always in awe.  I am always amazed.  I have NEVER been as amazed as I am today.

 

Many of you know that I sent out the following e-mail on Thursday evening:

 

"One of our young birth moms, who placed her baby a year ago, is in need of an Adoptive Home for herself.  She is almost 16, and wants her own "forever family."  She makes all A's and B's and loves school.  She has a very sweet spirit and is not a discipline problem.  Her biological parents have not been interested in parenting her for several years.  She is living in our Transitional Home.  We would, happily, continue to take care of her, but she really wants parents.  There are always new girls coming in and going out of the Transitional Home, and many of them have huge problems.  It is not an ideal long-term situation for a teen-ager.  I think it would be best for her to stay in the Greater Tulsa Area, where she has put down some deep roots at her church.

 

Please pray about being the answer to this dear girl's prayers.  She is so precious and gave her heart to Jesus about a year ago."

 

Later the same evening, I received an e-mail from Jeff and Kim Lee, one of our Adoptive Couples, asking for my permission to forward my e-mail to their church (Liberty Church) e-mail list.  THE NEXT MORNING, I was contacted by a couple from their church who said they were very interested in adopting Rachael.  They told me that they have 4 children, the youngest of whom is 18, and is the only one still living at home.  They have a home with lots of room and are in the Union School District. 

 

Natalie, Patti (both Transitional House administrators) and I met with them and their 18-year-old Rachael at 4:00 today.  Ohmygosh, I do not have adequate words to describe how perfect this family is for Rachael, but I will try: 

 

  • They have already parented 4 teenagers.  J
  • They are, totally, comfortable with Rachael remaining a part of the Youth Group at  our church and only live 3 miles from the church.
  • They support Rachael saying connected to the many of us who have been connected to her for the last year, including the House Mom, with whom she has a very strong relationship.
  • They loved knowing that she has a very open relationship with her Birth Son's Adoptive Parents, and ongoing contact with them and little Tyler.
  • Rachael is very artistic and so are the Adoptive Mom and Adoptive Sister.
  • Not only did they want to meet Rachael, immediately, and take her home, but so did her new Sister, Rachael, who is just the sweetest girl.
  • She will be going to the Intermediate High School in the Union district and already has friends there (including Patti's daughter, Amanda) from Youth Group
  • The school district that Rachael had longed to be in was—Union!!
  • The Adoptive Family likes "adventuresome" things—like sky-diving—which is something Rachael had always dreamed of doing. 
  • They are "rock solid" Christians.
  • They had been longing to adopt a teen-aged girl, but really did not want to go through the craziness of DHS.
  • Tuesday is Rachael's 16th Birthday.  She said that this would be her best birthday gift—ever.  J
  • Tomorrow is the FIRST day of the second semester at Union.

 

We all went to the TH for them to meet Rachael, and she is in their home tonight.  I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled that our Rachael is.  When we dropped her off, so that she could go to Youth Group and tell everyone that her prayers had been answered, she said "Thanks so much," to Natalie and me.  We have been crying since 5:00—tears of joy!

 

I am so grateful that Rachael pulled Natalie aside this past Tuesday evening, and told her that she was really feeling desperate to be adopted.  I am so grateful that Natalie told me.  I am so grateful to Jeff and Kim Lee for forwarding my e-mail.  Most of all, I am grateful to God for orchestrating this amazing miracle and allowing Patti, Natalie and me to watch it unfold.

 

Thank you for praying.  I wish that all of you could have been there to see Rachael's sweet face.  She is so happy.  God is so faithful.

 

Much love,

 

Cheryl

 

Crisis Pregnancy Outreach

Cheryl J. Bauman, Director

4 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Oh, I love it!! God does and is doing amazing things. So fun to be a part of the things He does around us. Thanks for sharing Rachels story.

Kara said...

I love it, too!! This is so exciting and encouraging.

Danielle said...

Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it with all of us! What a mighty, MIGHTY God we serve!

Ornery's Wife said...

Thanks for the heads-up about Google Chrome. I didn't even know there was such a thing. I downloaded it and am enjoying lightening fast loads and freedom from junk mail!

Now, if I could just figure out how to customize it... it'll come, but it takes a while to teach old dogs new tricks! :)
tm