Monday, January 5, 2009

For the Family's Sake

For our family's sake, Jason & I have one resolution- he doesn't like to use that term- so goal for this year. It is simply to read more books.

Being at my aunt & uncle's house for Christmas really spurred it on. They and all six of their boys are very well read. Their house has books everywhere!

I would say I'm an avid reader. Except I have developed one flaw in the past couple of years. I don't finish books. Magazines yes, books no?? Don't ask, bad habit I guess. So this year I am starting a list of books I finish. I want to know how many books I have read cover to cover by the end of this year. I will be posting this list on my side bar to motivate me. On a side note: Neither Jason or I read fiction really. Too many good useful books full of knowledge to spend time on imaginary stuff!

Aunt Chris lent me two books, "For the Family's Sake" and "For the Children's Sake" by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay. I am half way through the family one, and just decided to order both of them off Amazon.com...I can't borrow books! They aren't mine to mark up and keep!

If you have any non-fiction book recommendations, please leave a comment!

P.S. Florida is warm and sunny! I think I even got a little rosy out by the pool today! We had a very un-eventful 2 full days of driving (thankful) and Grandma & Grandpa very much enjoyed their "chuaffeurs"! Pictures to come after we get home...forgot my camera cord :(

2 comments:

vanessalyons said...

thats our new years resolu.... goal too! I think the trip to texas made us realize we need to read more. And I struggle with finishing books too!

~Bren~ said...

We may have already had this conversation, but have you read "A Child Called IT" and the 3 sequels?? The judge in our daughter's case referred to her as A Child Called It. It is a powerful book series!