Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tour of Our Traditional Home (Part II)

Part II: Laundry, Bathroom & Bedroom

Our laundry "room" that holds all sorts of odds n' ends. Our washing machine was a wedding gift from my in-laws!! And my best friend, Elise, found our dryer the same week at a garage sale for only $60!! I am so thankful for our washer and dryer in our apartment!!!

Bathroom vanity. My Aunt Chris made the little pottery bowl we use as a soap dish. Our soap is from TNFarmgirl... I need to order some more soap, its AMAZING stuff!!


Other view of the bathroom. The medicine cabinet was a shutter/window thing one of Jason's clients gave him after a job. I had him add shelving to it and then painted it to match my decorating scheme.

Master Bedroom.
Jason's Uncle Rick is a cabinet builder. Sometimes when he has mess ups on doors (wrong size, etc) he'll pass them on to me and I'll decorate with them! All five of those pieces over our bed are cabinet doors. The largest one says, "Dream No Small Dreams Here." I describe the paint color in our room as "chocolate milk brown."


This is my "Pottery Barn" photo wall. :)

This is my reading corner. I love to snuggle up under a blanket and read! I currently have a huge stack of magazines I'm working on, Mom gave me probably 6 months worth of Traditional Home and several other decorating ones last week! I also am working on my Psalms of Ascent Bible study here too! The little stuffed puppy dog is named Johnson. He came to keep me company when Jason was on a 10-day missions trip this summer and I got really lonely by myself. :) I have some very sweet friends who picked him out for me. See that dish up on the wall? It's from those same friends (not her taste and it was a wedding gift), it means I am my mother's daughter...she has dishes up in every room of their house in some way or another! Mom LOVES dishes!

And last but not least, I am a real person who makes real messes especially when it comes to crafting, painting or sewing!
Hint: this has something to do with my giveaway coming...tomorrow, maybe?

1 comment:

~Bren~ said...

My laundry "room" is just like yours.
I love the wall color in your bedroom. I am re doing my bedroom next and want to paint the walls a light brown tone and get chocolate brown curtains.
Beautiful bedroom!!! I really like your reading nook.
All crafting areas are a mess...if they are not, then you are not creating!