Friday, September 26, 2008

Waffles for Dinner


After a long and tiring day of work we had waffles for dinner. We'd gotten Nessa & Collin a waffle iron for their birthdays in June, so we borrowed theirs tonight. I have one of those George Foreman 5-in-1 grills that does waffles, but I've never been pleased with the results. (no go on waffles, but it's an awesome grill!!) I saw a "Villaware" waffle maker at Tuesday Morning last week, I might go get it with some of my birthday money. My tortilla press is a Villaware and I've been very happy with it!


One Happy Husband who must've eaten 7 waffles! (seriously)

And yes, they are fresh ground whole wheat made from scratch!! I'll have to remember to post about my wheat grinder some other time!

Whole Wheat Waffles
1 3/4 C. fresh ground flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

2 egg yolks, beaten
1 3/4 C. milk
1/2 Tbsp. oil (optional)
2 tsp. vanilla

2 egg whites stiffly beaten

Sift together dry ingredients. Combine yolks, milk, oil & vanilla, stir into dry ingredients. Fold in whites, leaving a few fluffy.

1 comment:

LB said...

So maybe our dessert night can turn into breakfast for dinner night. I HAVE to taste these!

Yes, I've turned into quite the busy bee! I will probably need a relaxing coffee date sooner than later!