Tuesday, September 9, 2008

For Vanessa: Prayer

I stopped by my parents house yesterday to drop something off for Grandma. Vanessa was out in the garage, aka "wedding central" working on her registry list.(For those of you who don't know, my mom really likes to decorate- she painted chalkboard paint on the wall to make lists, put rugs over the tile and cute little tables all over to collect coming gifts!) So I hung out with Vanessa for a little while. We talked about all sorts of stuff- credit reports, her new internship, relationships, etc. She told me she had been praying for some like-minded couple friends for she and Collin. I understand where she is at, we were there not too many years ago- you feel like no one else is in your same place in life. God is faithful to answer our prayers!

So last night I was reading the "Relationships" chapter of Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. (I would highly recommend every wife constantly read it!) It was talking about the same things Vanessa and I were discussing! Don't you just love when God speaks to you through repetition!

"Every married couple should have at least two strong believing couples with whom they can they can share encouragement, strength and the richness of their lives. Being around such people is edifying, enriching, balancing, and fulfilling, and it helps us keep our perspective when things seem to grow out of proportion."

"Being good friends with godly people who love the Lord doesn't just happen by chance. We must pray that such people come into our lives. And then when we find them, we should continue to cover the relationships in prayer."

Go Vanessa! You are on the right track, I am so proud of you sis!

Also on the subject of prayer- Please be in prayer for Michelle from our church. She is fighting hard against breast cancer but has been very fatigued by these last few treatments- unable to care for her small children and home. We are looking forward to celebrating her healing! Only one more chemo treatment left!

2 comments:

LB said...

I'm praying for Vanessa and Collin's journey! And I will pray for the woman at church, too. I read "Power of a Praying Woman" and loved it. Guess it's time to get on the "Wife" bandwagon, too, huh!

~Bren~ said...

I am praying for your friend. I praise God she is healed!!!
All the wedding preparations look like fun!